Sunday, November 27, 2011

Asterios Polyp

This week I read Asterios Polyp- as soon as I looked this book up and saw the front cover I was captivated! Just the design and set up of this comic is fascinating and so graphically appealing. The color choices and bright and draw my eyes around the page. The way that on some pages they would play with the shapes of people and different designs was very unique- like when Hana attended her first facility party, each person was designed a different way! Just by doing that it made the panel a hundred percent more interesting. The story itself is also intriguing, the beginning was very sad to me- having to read about this poor guy who lost his living quarters and leaves to find his way in the world. I did however enjoy how it would switch back to past events in his life. Like how he dealt with his brother and how his marriage wasn't the greatest. By doing this I got more attached to Asterios Polyp and I began to understand him better. When he questions his flaws, I felt it was just human nature in some cases.    

No comments:

Post a Comment