Friday, October 28, 2011

Blacksad

This week we look a comics found around the world... I picked up Blacksad. Let me start this off and say that I'm not a furry or into furries! However, I found this comic to be extremely enjoyable! The art was beyond gorgeous, I mean, the details found in each of the panels was breath taking. The anthropomorphic animal characters I thought was a nice break from the human centered comics I have been reading lately. The film noir style was also very attractive, I have always found film noir to be very dramatic and very attention grabbing. All in all, this comic was just screaming to be read.. so I did. John Blacksad, I found to be very down to earth, and realistic. He shares many problems that normal people have everyday. He ran from the police since he was young and grew up in a bad part of town, now he runs around doing detective type work. He is a very intense character and that's what I love about him. I thought this comic was also very well thought out in that all the animal species are specifically picked and have something to do with defining the character. For example, the officials are portrayed as German Shepard's and the bleak and dark characters can be reptiles. When I picture a cop, I automatically think of a guard dog or a blood hound.. This comic is so clever in this aspect. It really make the positions these characters are in believable- even though they are animals!    

No comments:

Post a Comment