Sunday, November 27, 2011

Web Comics

I had a lot of fun this week exploring all the different web comics out there. There are so many different kinds, it becomes hard to choose which one to sit down and spend the time to read the whole thing. The web comics I decided on were, The Perry Bible Fellowship and Tiny Kitten Teeth. 

The Perry Bible Fellowship was hilarious! I really enjoyed how each comic strip was short and got to the punch line quickly. The humor it had was right up my ally, it was witty and didn't require a whole lot of deep thought. It became rather addictive going through the list of them- I didn't know when to stop so I just read them all! Each one had a unique quality to them, for example- "Woovles" was so ironic and was great showing the classic saying 'a wolf in sheep's clothing' from a different perspective. Some were just down right funny like "Rainbow" - what if all rainbow were just giant monster's eyes? It just put a whole new look on things that I don't really give much thought about.
Tiny Kitten Teeth- I chose this web comic because of how beautiful the art was! The colors and style was absolutely gorgeous! The story itself was confusing to me.. the main cat I could relate to greatly because he was just as confused as I was. It was also interesting how some panels just cut to one big panel of something completely random going on. For example, the panel of the two kittens and it says 'how did you get up there?' I didn't think this really had anything to do with the comics main story. Regardless, the art of this comic is what kept me drawn in. Im still in the middle of reading this one, so hopefully it will begin to make sense soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment