Sunday, November 27, 2011

Watchmen

I have heard so much about this comic, but I never had the time to actually pick it up and read it. Now that I had to read this one I'm so glad that I did! Watchmen was so fantastic, the plot was so deep and kept me interested the whole time. I love that the story is in an alternate reality of our world, but set at an earlier time- the 1980s perhaps? The idea of outlawing superheros made for a great plot. It reminded me of The Incredibles in that aspect, which I thought was humorous. I loved Rorschach, I found his character to be so interesting and I was always excited to see what he would do next. Rorschach's character design was also my favorite- I love his trench coat and masked face that changes with heat! It was so simple yet, I loved it. Doctor Manhattan was also a very cool character in my opinion, I felt bad for him when he was accused of giving his friends cancer. When he left Earth I knew problems were going to arise! The death of The Comedian was a cool plot line and I loved how it ended up involving why Doctor Manhattan was exiled. The ending was well executed and I felt that it led up to something spectacular. I was heartbroken when they killed off Rorschach! I also liked how the left it open to the line that Doctor Manhattan said "Nothing ever ends." So it seems that Veidt was stopped in the end- hopefully. All in all, I really really enjoyed this comic- it was probably one of my top favorites! 

No comments:

Post a Comment