Sunday, November 27, 2011

My New York Diary

I don't really have much to say about this one. I picked it up thinking that it could possibly be a good read, but I didn't really like it as much as I thought I would. I found that visually the panels were hard to process- there was way to much going on in each one and I had a hard time finding the focal point. The words even got lost in some of them. As for the story, it didn't really appeal to me very much. It was very dark and had way to much depressing points, in my opinion. Like when Doucet gives love a second chance- her new boyfriend turns out to be psycho and she had to try and get rid of him. Or when the boyfriend before this one tried to commit suicide. It was just way to intense for me. I like comics that aren't so gritty and upsetting, I read comics to be happy- not to remind myself of all the pain going on in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment