Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Carl Barks and TinTin



The first comic I decided to read was from Carl Barks- it was one of his Donald Duck comics called "Have Gun, Will Dance". I found it to be very humorous and entertaining, it was also good to see a classic much loved cartoon character be the center of attention. I felt already attached while reading because I've known Donald Duck for so many years. I found that these comics also had a lot of dialog in them- which caused me to question who the target audience would be? I'm not sure a young kid would understand all the dialog in this book, although the pictures would be sufficient to keep their mind busy, the actual story would be lost. All in all, I really enjoyed reading Carl Barks and will continue to read his comics when I come across them.     

Next, I read Tin Tin- which I found to be a very fun comic. It does have a lot of words,  but it has a good plot line which keeps me interested and willing to read more. I thought the style was very intriguing, how the backgrounds were very realistic looking, in yet, the character's had a very simplistic cartoon style to them. Overall, a very good comic that I will defiantly read more of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment